Corporate and Financial Business Advisory
BDO provides comprehensive business advisory services on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including the formation of companies, foreign investments and joint ventures, commercial contracts, regulatory and corporate compliance, shares acquisition and sale, investigations and due diligence.
We also assist companies in completing and maintaining all corporate reporting and record-keeping requirements, and assist clients’ compliance with applicable corporate governance codes as well as directors’ fiduciary and legal responsibilities.
We have specialized knowledge and skills necessary to help all our clients achieve their business objectives.
We provide broad based advisory services, to both multinationals and local companies, on the regulatory framework for doing business in Nigeria across industries. From set-up to operation of the business, we advise on suitable structures as well as drafting of relevant agreements and ancillary documents that ensure a seamless integration and operation of businesses. Our services include:
- provision of relevant documentation ad carrying out the incorporation/registration of companies on behalf of the client at the Corporate Affairs Commission (Nigeria Company Registry)
- assisting in restructuring for partnerships, joint ventures, mergers and acquisition
Board Secretarial Services:
BDO provides services as company secretary on retainer basis to Clients. The services include the following:
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs);
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Rendering statutory returns to the Corporate Affairs Commission, and carrying out such necessary administrative or secretarial duties;
- Preparation of dividend warrants and issuance of share certificates;
- Advising on procedure and assisting in effecting relevant changes in the corporate structure of the business such as changes in board of directors, shareholders, change of name, etc;
Generally, we assist with processing of requisite regulatory licenses, approvals and permits for clients across industries. We also monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.